Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, November 13, 2009

With my wife, Beth

Beth's second operation today - no meeting.
Off to Dolores Hope at 6:30, dropping off a large box at her place of employment on the way. Check in at 7:00 a.m. and I'm sitting beside her bed by 7:20. She has fun with the nurses as they are getting to know her and all of them enjoy shopping at thrift stores. They take her in for surgery around 8:00 and I go to waiting room and read. Dr. Shultz is back in less than a half an hour with news that he's finished and all went well. Read more until I'm allowed into the post op area where I can sit with her until she's ready to go home. Stop at Sav-On on way home; then it's home tot he girls and Brenda - who has been cleaning and now replaces some light bulbs for us. I check e-mail while they talk; then Brenda leaves. Make Beth some lunch and some for me, too. Talk for awhile; she calls a few people then its down for a nap - both of us. Believe it or not, the "I can't sleep in the day" girl is out like a light until we wake up two-hours later. I bring in mail, take pills and feed the girls. Beth up and into kitchen. She goes through mail. She makes some phone calls and we talk. I make my tuna salad while she to office to work on Tommy's stuff. I call Tommy and we have a nice talk. I into office and we work side by side. I into kitchen and make dinner. We eat and talk. After, we watch CSI: Vegas recording from last night. Later ~