Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

At one of my signings awhile ago

Beth drives me to Loma Linda Hospital for my kidney biopsy. No eat or drink after midnight and all that other shit. Traffic jam on way; Check in and to 2nd floor. Lotta' papers to fill out and sign; then I into gown and put to bed in pre-op. Beth is with me until I'm taken to operating room and the procedure is performed. Recovery on forth floor - kidney transplant department where I was for transplant seven years ago. Beth's brother Bruce brings Mexican food for he and Beth. I am now able to drink water and snack on a few things I brought with me. When four hours are up, they unhook me and I dress. Bye to Bruce; then Beth and I head for front of hospital: she to get car; I in a wheelchair. Finally we are on way home. Once there I'm told to rest while Beth moves stuff back into the newly painted floor of our office. I check e-mail. Open mail for Beth. Cook and we eat. Get ready for bed early. Beth watches DWTS while I drift off peacefully. Later ~