Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, October 26, 2009

My lovely wife, Beth

Up as usual and to meeting; clean up and stay until 7:00. Leave and stop at her place of employment to get out ice for the workers; then we to Luci Curci Breast Center where Beth is prepared for her surgery. She was then wheeled over to Dolores Hope same-day-surgery floor; and by the time I moved car and got there she was being prepared (changed into gown) for surgery. I am allowed to go in and sit with her until they wheel her into the OR. I wait in waiting room and read I eat some lunch I brought along (her idea) and the surgeon come in to tell me all went well and for her to see him in his office on Thursday. Awhile later I am allowed into the recovery room where I find her in a lot of pain. Pain medicine is just being administered and within minutes, she's OK. We talk and joke with her nurse and stay fo over an hour. Finally she's released and brought down after I get the car. We drive home and it's almost 3:00 p.m. Settle in and I get mail - she opens it. I feed girls and check e-mail. Rick Mesa had called when we were in transit and will talk to us tomorrow. Call Brenda and ask if she will pick up Beth's prescription. Both of us miss our planned naps. She to bedroom to rest while I check e-mail. Brenda here with meds; stays and talks awhile. Shannon calls and she and Beth talk for some time. I show Beth a heart-warming video; then to kitchen and start working on dinner. We eat. Call brother Bob and Eva. Call Sharon, her boss. Move into office while she make up my diet tuna. She joins me. We both tired from the day and bed early. Later ~