Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, October 29, 2009

With George Coan at Pioneertown a few years ago

Home after meeting and check e-mail and news sites with sausage, cheese, crackers and girls. Write a sympathy card to George Coan's family. Drive to hospital dropping card off at post office on way. Stop in to see Tommy at dialysis center - Bill White there but Tommy's asleep. I leave sweat pants Beth bought for him and head on upstairs where I: meet Beth in hallway then in to see Dr. Karl Shultz. He checks out Beth's sutures then discusses further surgery to make sure all is well. Otherwise, he's pretty sure she's cancer free but just wants to be certain. We both downstairs to see a now-awake Tommy. Bill still there. We all talk awhile then we leave. Beth back to work and I home. I eat lunch while watching a Gene Autry, Smiley Burnette western. Call Beth and off to nap. Up and bring in mail; take pills; and feed girls. Into office and write here. Clean up side yard and sweep floors. Beth home and we talk after her chores. I cook dinner and we eat. No TV tonight. I put out trash. She office then shower. Later ~