Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Squeeked through Another One

While I was getting ready to go to the meeting, I got a call on my cell phone from Tommy, who is now at the nursing home in Palm Springs. He wanted to let me know that he would be at his regular dialysis place. I told him we'd get by after the meeting. He was in good spirits and somewhat mentally competent. A far cry from 14-hours earlier when seen at Eisenhower. We assume he's been taken off some of the heavy medication.
Grocery Shopping after meeting then home to unload, unpack, and put away. Check e-mail and news sites with girls and Fritos. Beth home. She stopped to see Tommy and we will go see him this pm after he's back the nursing home. Make some lunch and we eat. I to office. Then I down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. It's at least 116 outside. She open mail and I feed girls. I to computer for a minute; then we take off. Pick up some prescriptions; then stop at Tom's house and pick up a few things for him. On to his new residence: a nursing home in Palm Springs. We stayed and talked to him for awhile; met his room mate, Joe. And Beth got a new list of things he needs from house and hospital. Beth and I stop at Weinerschnel on way home for dinner. Home and I have ice cream. To office to check e-mail and send a e-mail to Tom Blixa - I'm doing a radio show interview show for him next Sunday. Get ready for bed while she showers. Later ~