Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dale Robertson - not in his Melvin Purvis; g-Man wardrobe

Tommy Snow Report: Beth and I got to see Tommy today after his dialysis. He was very tired but he still recognized us with a faint smile. He's in a brace; not a cast. They put some plates in to hold the shattered bone in place. He refuses pain pills. He's much calmer the nurse reports.
Switch cars with Beth so I can drive girls to groomer later. On home where I check e-mail and news sites with girls, pretzels, and peanuts. Leash 'em up and down to groomer. Leave them with Marchelle; by Tony's and put some air in Beth's tires. Home, Work at computer; watch Rush on 24/7. Call Jimmy George and we talk about old Hollywood restaurants - specifically Nicodell's by Paramount and Desi-lu. Marchelle calls and girls are done (11:30). Pick them up and bring them home. Eat some lunch while watching the end of Melviln Purvis: G-Man. Down for nap with girls. We up and I bring in mail. Open mail and take meds. Feed girls - they both clean their plates, Sweep floors. Beth calls and wants to pick me up then go hospital. She home and we drive over to hospital. Tommy still in dialysis and we talk to his nurse and wait. We are able to see Tommy; though he's very tired and looks very beat up, Stay for 5-minutes or so then leave. Home and we eat snack dinner and ice cream. Beth reports in to Rick with Tommy info. We both to office; then she showers. Later ~