Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Up and off to morning meeting as usual. Afterward, I drove home to girls and my computer. Got an e-mail reply from an old school mate of mine, Timothy Hallinan, who is a mystery writer. He gave me a good suggestion for a book. I asked him if I could steal it and he returned my e-mail very soon and said go for it. In the mean time I drove to Eisenhower Hospital's Luci Curci Building and got a shot for my anemia, then to the orthopedic building where I was given an epidural for my back pain. I was allowed to drive home and when I got there it was down for a quick nap. So quick, in fact I never slept. All I did was keep thinking of ideas of what the story would be for the novel suggested by my friend. I got up after a half an hour and sat down at the computer and put the beginning of an outline down on paper. Then I started on the first draft. I don't have any particular way I write. I just do what feels right for me. Today, I felt like giving the story a beginning. There have been a lot of time when I've started off like that the story just seems to flow from Someone other that myself. Swept the floors, then started dinner. Beth home and we eat and talk. She hits the shower. Later ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home