Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yesterday, Jan. 9th, I drove into L.A. and on to Thousand Oaks, where I checked into Best Western, took my nap, got up, had dinner, got ready, then drove next door to the Thousand Oaks Borders Book store where I gave a talk about my book, "Nickel-Played Dream," and my life in and around the motion picture business. It was a good crowd, and my talk went semi-well (I have trouble keeping my train of thought, caused by the stroke I suffered 22-years ago). Setting aside my self-criticism, I got a some good questions after the talk which helped my ego somewhat. The audience seemed very interested in what I had to say. I met a lot of nice people, signed a few books, then drove back 100 yards to the hotel.
Woke up this morning to dreary skies (something I'm not used to, living in the desert like I do), had breakfast, then took off about 8:30. Traffic was great - I missed the morning commute. Home at 11:00 a.m. Called Beth, then unpacked and checked messages. Quick lunch then nap. Up and feed girls. Writing here now and later, I'll pick up some pizza and meet Beth at her employers' home as she's picking up their pilot this evening. Then we'll eat, of course, and I'll come home and hit the sack. ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home