Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The majority of today was devoted to Eddie Kaplan. We did our monthly breakfast at the ABC Recovery Center. Then we checked on Beth's employers' motorhome. And after sprucing up some, headed over to Eddie's house in Palm Desert to join his widow, Patti, daughters Robbin and Missy, plus a huge crowd of Eddies friends - some from the desert, some from the beach, others from the LA music scene, and his friends of Bill W. friends like Beth and me - for a fond farewell memorial service. Eddie was Jewish so a Rabbi performed the ceremony. Not really a ceremony, but a mixture of stories and prayers, and even a song recorded by Eddie's brother that captured Eddie to perfection. I had a few tears to wipe away after that song was played. Eddie was a musician; he worked on the Sunset Strip at The Whisky (a-go-go) when I lived on Larrabee and later on Doheny. We never met then, but we could have bumped into each other and never known it. Afterward there was food and conversation. God Bless You Eddie. Later ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home