Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, December 22, 2006

Back in my Hollywood days, everything would always slow down during the Christmas Holidays. Absolutely no executives and/or big shots could be found in their offices; just the work-a-bees and movie crews put in their daily hours. On occasion, when Christmas fell during the week, we would work until very late on Christmas Eve - which was a bitch when I was expected to be in at my parents house in Palm springs the next morning. Anyway, I've recently found out where all those executives and big shots go during the Christmas Holidays. They head for the desert - Palm Springs, and the surrounding areas (where I live now). Driving to meet some friends for lunch today on Bob Hope Drive was like the 101 freeway at rush hour.
Anyway, after the meeting I spent the morning at my computer working an a few projects. Then there was lunch with the guys where we talked about Las Vegas and who we all knew who had died this year. Headed home for my nap. Fed the girls and went back to the computer. Worked on a query letter for the rest of the afternoon until she got home. Dinner and TV - except all the shows we had recorded were reruns. So now it's off to bed early. Later ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home