Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Slept in until 6:30. Breakfast and paper. We off at 10:30 for Orange and sister Sharon's annual Christmas party. Right rear tire blew passing Banning. We were doing around 80 mph in the fast lane and we were blessed there wasn't much traffic behind us. I was able to pull across all lanes and finally stop on an off ramp (22nd Street) where we called AAA. Took about twenty-five minutes for him to get there and another twenty or so to change the tire. All that was left of the rubber was a couple of inches around the rim. Called Sharon and Bill in Orange and decided not to go all that way without a spare. Had a quick taco then we drove back home, stopping at Cingular so Beth could get her cell phone fixed. Home and she cleans while I do some work at the computer. She off to feed her employers' animals and I take pics of tire and feed our girls. She home and we eat. Then we watch TV recording. Later ~