Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

Went to the morning meeting by myself once again while she slept in; then she went to work. I came home after and worked on enlarging a present-day aerial photo of the Columbia Ranch. My plan is to sketch in various sets that were there in 1965 and have since been demolished. I did a first draft, and let me tell you, it's sure difficult remembering the exact angle of some of those sets in relation to some of the still standing structures. I used both my memory and some photos to finally get everything pretty much like it was. I'll do a complete version when I find more time. Went to the credit union for Beth, then on to the Red Robin for lunch with George, Harry, and Tom. Yes, Tom is out of the hospital once again. He had an infected foot and needed emergency treatment. After lunch I drove home for my nap. When I got up, I gave Beth a call and drove over and picked her up. We went to the Chevy dealer in Cathedral City and she picked up her employers' Tahoe. I stopped to pick up some Panda Express (Orange Chicken) while she went to drop off the Tahoe and get her own car. I got home and set the table, checked e-mail, etc. When she arrived we sat down to eat. Now we're both in the office and I expect we'll watch a show we recorded last night then hit the sack. Later ~