Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I went to the friends of Bill W. meeting-before-the-meeting today then came home. My friend Ross was involved in a head-on accident the day before yesterday. An older gentleman allowed his car to drift over (Ross said it happened in a split second) the double line and SMACK! head-on in a 45 MPH zone, which automatically makes it a 90 MPH impact. Ross was in a BMW SUV and all the bells and whistles worked perfect, surrounding him in air bags, so he only has a bruised shoulder. The other guy, the one whose car "drifted" across and crashed into Ross, was seriously injured. The guy had a suspended license, was under the influence (of something) and apparently wore no seatbelt. Ross is very grateful. Returned home and took Beth to her doctor appointment where she underwent a procedure. I waited in waiting room and listened to Rush Limbaugh on my old Walkman. Afterward, I brought her home and we had lunch (she hadn't eaten anything solid in 24 hours. After lunch we both hit the sack. She, because it was part of her Doctor's orders; and me, because it was my nap time. Up and feed the girls then to her place of employment to feed her employers' cat. Back home I cooked and we had some dinner. Now we'll probably watch a TV recording then hit the sack early. Later ~