Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas in the Columbia Pictures Mail room 1963)
(L to R) Butch, Norman, Steve, Frank, Carl, and boss, Vi (front)

Leave meeting early and head to Sam's to shop for Hall and Beth's Christmas Party to be held tomorrow. Drop cheese cakes off at her place of employment. Home and check e-mail and news sites with girls and chips. Paul the bug guy here to spray. He leaves. I drive to Indio to pick up chicken, salsa and chips for the party. Drop chicken to Beth then home. She gave me a couple of tamales which I took home and had for lunch with some chips. Watched Rim of the Canyon with Gene Autry (no sidekick). Down for nap with girls. Up in an hour and check computer. Fed Ex delivers a package. Bring in our mail. Feed girls. Open mail for Beth. Clean up side yard. Kiva Hoy calls and we talk for awhile. I work in office rest of afternoon. Start to make salads. Beth home; help her in with her stuff. She has tamales. I heat tamales. We eat and talk. After dessert we watch last night's Person of Interest. She showers; I get ready. Finish writing here. Later ~