Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Annie Baddely's 80th Birthday

Grocery shopping after meeting. Home and unload and put stuff away. Beth here and we sit and talk for awhile; then I into office and work at computer. Beth and I out to do some chores - one of which is to get flu shots. Home and I fix us some lunch. We eat and talk. After I down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. Fed girls. Open mail for Beth. She reads mail and I into office to work at computer. Putz for awhile; then we both start getting ready for Annie's 80th birthday party. I start to feel sick (reaction to flu shot). We drive to Ingleside Inn in Palm Springs. Most of us guests wait in bar for a few minutes; then it's meet and greet on patio where we'll be eating. 17 guests in all. I just keep getting sicker and sicker. I nibble at salad and only a few bites of dinner. Everyone else has a great dinner. By the time the presents are about to be opened, Beth asks if I'd like to leave. I say yes and we leave early. Home and I dive into bed without washing face or anything - sick as a dog. Sleep within minutes. Later ~