Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 25, 2010


Beth and Cortney Joyner

Autograph Room

With my old friend Marshall Olyphant at RHS 50th Reunion

RHS 5oth Reunion Banquet Room

ATTEND REPUBLIC PICTURES 75th ANNI & MY 50th HIGH SCHOOL REUNION
We to pre-meeting then leave by 7:00. Home and finish packing and loading for trip to Los Angeles. Leave and get to Studio Center at 10:20 am. Park in parking structure. Stand in line for 35-minutes then they let us in. Stage #3, is right next to the parking structure. Found Courtney Joiner set up between two tented structures - No cover for Court. I sit with him for awhile and actually sell the first book - And Action! Beth and I continue on passing other vendors tents. Finally find a new cafe (studio commissary)that wasn't there when I was. Have some lunch sitting outside in the heat (103 -degrees). Then we into a cool room where they're having the panels. Finally find Cindy Mitchum and say hi. We leave at 1:00 and head for Burbank. Check in to the Marriott across from airport. To room and cool off. Eventually we down to convention center where we stand in line for photos.Finally get our seat in banquet room and meet our table mates. See Alisa and Jay Goldsworthy. Marshall Olyphant finds me and we talk over old times and take photos - he is in contact with Ted Zaske so I gave him a card for Ted. Only saw one other girl I knew; plus I had a nice talk with my drama teacher, David Farley. Nice buffet dinner and some entertainment. Up to room and get ready for bed. Later ~