Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, February 22, 2010

Brother Bobby and me with B-Western bad guy, Frank Ellis

Leave meeting early for blood draw. Home and check e-mail and news sites with girls and popcorn. Work on a few things with computer. Check some more e-mail and reply. Move into living room around 10:30 and watch beginning and ending of The Streets of Laredo - turns out it had three parts and what I recorded off TV was only Part II. Very good Western -well made, well written, well directed, and well acted. My old writing partner, Dave Cass had a good part and his 2nd unit direction stuff was wonderful, as usual. Frank Q. Dobbs, another good friend and writing partner, produced; with a list of others - and he played the part of a train engineer with dialogue.
Of course I made lunch and ate while the movie played. Down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. Pills. Feed girls. Open mail for Beth. Scott by at 4:30 to put replacement tile in my bathroom; he'll be back tomorrow to grout. Work at computer. Watch some O'Reilly. Beth home; I cook; and we eat. We watch an episode of The Good Wife we recorded a few weeks ago. We'll eventually catch up on our TV viewing. Later ~