Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gene Autry jokes with his crew between scenes - 1951

Home from meeting and check e-mail and news sites with girls, cheese and chips. Nice obit in LA Times for Bobby Hoy. http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-bobby-hoy11-2010feb11,0,4821019.story -
Off t 9:00 to Tom Mour's to drop off money. He gives me key to P.O. Box and I by and pick up mail. Talk to Beth. On to Indio and meet with Joel - give him money for scooter. Scooter is for me to ride from hotel to convention center at the San Antonio AA convention in July. Then it's on back to Sam's Club where I buy some Styrofoam bowls. Pick up shooting goggles and ear plugs next door at WalMart. Home and fix lunch. Beth calls again. Eat while watching TV western. Down for nap with girls. Up from nap and bring in mail. Gun Club guy by with more papers to fill out. Take my afternoon pills. Feed girls. Open mail for Beth. Jimmy George calls and we talk for awhile. To office and spend time at computer. Watch some O'Reilly. Beth home; help her in with stuff. Cook and we eat. Then we watch Tuesday's recording of NCIS. Sign card for Kiva - will send tomorrow. Later ~