Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Gregg Palmer in the 1950s

Gregg Palmer today

My 28th AA Birthday. It was 28-years ago today I put down the bottle for good. Ever since that day I have never had a drink of alcohol. My entire life changed; opening a brand new world for this former drunk. Thank you, God.
Took my 28th AA cake at meeting. Afterward, got my haircut at Sherry's. Home and snack with girls while I check e-mail and news sites. Beth called. Tried calling Bobby Hoy again on his cell and still no answer. Call the house number and reach his wife, Kiva. Bobby was rushed to the hospital several weeks ago with heart problems. It has been touch and go though now he's resting and no longer in ICU. Her advice was I keep trying his cell - maybe he'll have it on eventually. Moved into living room around 10:30. Finished watching Revolt at Fort Laramie; then a Lash LaRue and "Fuzzy" StJohn PRC Western. Had some left over pizza from last night while viewing. Down for nap with girls. Up and check e-mail; read Rush's daily notes on show. Bring in mail. Take my daily afternoon pills: feed girls; open mail for Beth. Try calling Bobby again. To office and write here. Wait for Beth - she's a little late. She home - I cook and we eat. She showers and we watch CSI: Miami. Later ~