Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Steve Lodge - Radio Star

Sleep in day. Beth up and off to Hall. I up 5:45. Shower and dress; breakfast and paper. Trim beard. Sweep floors. Clean side yard. Beth home and she mops floors. We get ready then drive to Tom Snow's house to pick up mail; then on to see him at Palm Springs nursing home. Rick Mesa is there and we all go to the day room to talk. We leave just as a friend of Tom's from his neighborhood drives up. Home and we eat a nice salad she made last night. Dessert. She watches QVC while I rest and snooze on couch. Into office at 1:45 and get ready for Cincinnati, Ohio radio show phone call. Tom Blixa - the producer - calls me a little after 2:00, puts me on hold for a few minutes (I can hear the show in progress) then I'm introduced by the host of the show, Chuck Douglas. We talk a lot about my years in Hollywood and some of the shows I worked on. I take one call from an audience member; then it's back to question and answer with Chuck. My portion of the show is over by 3:00 pm. I to dining room and talk with Beth. Call Tom Snow and Bobby Hoy. I into office and putz around. Into dining room and turn on TV. Channel 61 show about sheriffs on Lake Havasu; and a show about a grand opening of a place caller Rehab-X a giant pool party at a huge hotel. We eat and watch. Then we take it to the 42-incher in the living room, continue by watching a couple of episodes of Cops. Both get ready for bed. Later ~