Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lining up for the Hamburgers at 2009 Uniity Day Picnic

Jay Grilli

Cooking Hamburgers on new BBQ

Eric having fun

Sleep in day. Beth up and off to Hall. I up 5:30. Shower, dress, breakfast and paper. Trim beard. Beth home with Eric following. We pack it up and take off at 9:00 for mountains. Emergency phone call sends to Beth's employers' house where there's been a false alarm. She resets alarm and we off again by 9:30. Drive up Highway 74 to Hurkey Creek for the annual Unity Day Picnic. Set up in shade and talk with people who pass by. Hamburgers and potato chips - lazy afternoon. See Greg Madruga for first time in ages. Marine David and Jay Grilli sit with us awhile. Eric plays some catch. Beth gossips with the girls. I sit and watch all, taking an occasional picture. We leave around 2:00 - home by 2:45. Eric takes off and Beth and I unpack a few things. I down for nap with girls. Beth works on MDD sign ups. I up and check e-mail for both of us. We call Tom Snow in hospital - a speaker phone three-way discussion. Beth has fixed a nice ravioli salad and we eat. Spend some time talking over Popsicles for dessert. To office and send pics and finish up here. Later ~