Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Whitey Hughes
November 9 1920 - July 7, 2009 - RIP

One of the Best Stuntmen in the Movie Industry - I've known Whitey since the Fury TV Series 43-years ago

Stop at post office to mail something for Beth then stop at Office Depot to Xerox a few things for her, too. Home and call for blood appointment for the next two weeks. Check e-mail and news sites with girls, peanuts and pretzels. Talk to Beth. Call Jimmy George ar 9:00. We continue going over script until 11:00. I fix lunch and watch John Wayne in Blue Steele, a Lone Star Western co-staring George Hayes before he was Gabby. Talk Beth; then down for nap with girls. Up and check e-mail. Feed girls and bring in mail. Open mail for Beth. A fan, Bruce Armstrong, who just read Shadows of Eagles calls to tell me how much he enjoyed my book. I work on script for a short while. Clean up side yard. Sweep floors. Jimmy George calls to tell me Whitey Hughes passed away. Work some more until Beth get home. Unload her car then talk over lemonade and Dr. Pepper. Call Tom Snow - he not feel too good - will go to hospital after meeting and his breakfast tomorrow. Cook dinner and eat. Beth works in office while I clean up kitchen. Then we both into our salt-water pool for the first time this year. Out and both to office. Bed. Later ~