Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cast of Rio Bravo

Howard Hawks directing John Wayne and Angie Dickinson

Stop to pick up toothpaste after meeting then home and Cheetos with girls while I check e-mail and news sites. Putz with computer for awhile. Talk Beth. Talk with Jimmy George for quite awhile. Watch the two DVDs sent to me by Marty Freese in Tucson, AZ. One on the movies made in Old Tucson; the other a salute to John Wayne and his movies made at Old Tucson. (Marty, if you see this, please send your e-mail address). Lunch with girls watching TV. Call Tommy Snow. Down for nap with girls. Up and bring in Fed-Ex and mail. Take pills and feed girls. Open mail for Beth. I get True West and some articles from Tom Weaver. To office and work on computer some more. Talk to Beth and Tommy again. Another call to Jimmy George. Clean up side yard. Sweep floors. Beth home in a bit. We talk over cold drinks. Fix dinner and we eat. No TV but we both find things to do in office. Later ~