Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, May 25, 2009

Found out today that our good friend, Stan Locke, who went by the name of Ormly Gumfudgen, passed away on May 15. Stan was the man who invited me to join Western Writers of America 12-years ago. Stan was also Beth's boss when she worked at JPL in Pasadena many years ago. God Bless You, Stan ~

Stan as Ormly Gumfudgen - with his Bazooka

Home after meeting on a pretty car-less Highway 111 (because of the holiday). Check e-mail and news sites with girls before Beth gets home. We off to La Quinta to return shirt to Kohl's and buy some more. Talk to Jimmy George for a while on cell phone from car while she shops. Stop at Goodies on way home for some fish tacos; then on home for some ice cream dessert. I down for nap with girls. I up and she's found out about Stan's passing. Work in office helping Beth make a purchase online. Drive to Chipotle's and pick up two burritos. Home and we eat while watching recording of You Only Live Twice - a 60s James Bond thriller. Later ~