Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, January 12, 2007

Took the Expedition in after the meeting to have the bumper fixed I damaged a few weeks ago in a parking lot. I backed into a truck's bumper which turned out to be a solid steel bumper. I checked his bumper out and there was no damage and didn't look at mine until I got home. That's when I discovered that Ford puts hard rubber bumpers on their SUVs. There was a big dent in the left side. I tried hammering it out to no avail, then found out later they heat the bumper before pounding it out - plus, the entire bumper has to be removed before any work can be performed. $189.20 inc. tax.
While the Expedition was in the shop I spent some time at my computer working on my latest novel - a mystery set in 1948 Hollywood. My protagonist is unlike any other protagonist ever before seen in a mystery. Believe me when I tell you he's definitely no Sam Spade.
I also turned out a few paragraphs on my latest essay for the Behind the Scenes book. This one is all about getting my job at Corriganville and how I learned to be a stuntman-gunfighter when I was just 16 years old.
Beth's not home yet, but I better get my ass into the kitchen and at least try to get something going for dinner before she gets here. She was kind enough to take me home after I dropped off the Expedition, then take me back to pick it up when it was ready. Later ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home