Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

He's out! My friend Tom is headed home - again. We - his friends - didn't know from day to day exactly where he would be. In the morning he would say he was feeling just fine and had made up his mind to stay in the nursing home as long as it took for his recovery. By evening, it was "I just figured out a way to get out of this damn place." This morning when I visited him he was quite cheerful and sitting in the one sunny place in his room. Our other friend, Harry, and Harry's wife, Annie, dropped by and we all had a nice little chat. There was mention that he thought he might have figured out a way to convince his doctors that he could go home, but it didn't seem that plausible. Anyway, he's out - happy as a clam - and probably home in his own bed by now watching the Western Channel. As for me, I haven't accomplished much today as far as my writing. I did get a call from my friend and fellow Western Writers of America cohort, Andrew J. Fenady, telling me he had read the essay on "The Rebel" TV show he produced back in the late 50s. He loved it; and when one gets a complement on his writing from the man who not only wrote many of those "The Rebel" scripts, but others such as "The Man With Bogart's Face," a zillion TV movies of the week, and John Wayne's "Chisum," It do make one feel good!
Well, Beth just drove in - Later ~