Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Beginning

I just thought I'd try blogging since everyone else is doing it. Breakfast this morning at the ABC Club (a local alcohol and drug rehabilation center near us). Saw some good friends while enojoying a delicious (and inexpensive) meal. Afterwards, my wife, Beth and I drove over to the College of the Desert so she could check out the facility she will be using to cater a group of businesspeople next week. Then home to our dogs, Misty and Crystal, where I putzed on the computer while she puttered in the garage where she keeps her catering equipment. Now I'm about to go down for a nap. I'll check in later - if I remember I started this blog. .... Nap over. I fed the dogs and called my friend, Tom Snow, who's recovering at home from a hip operation only to find out another friend, George Widman, is in the hospital. Seems he passed out (not from drinking) last night and when he was revived, his wife Ronice was unable to understand what he was saying so she called 911. I called him over at the hospital and he says he's feeling OK now. He will be staying overnight, at least, and I'll bet he'll have some tests done tomorrow. Just a minute ago, Beth came into the office to tell me that her friend Kim called to say her husband John called her while she was on the way to work in Las Vegas, asking her to please come home because he, who has never has a sick day in his life, was having horrendous abdominal pain. She hung a U-ee and raced back as fast as she legally could. 911 again. Now, as I write here, John is undergoing surgery to remove his appendix. Maybe I should cancel making anymore calls today, or at least not answer the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home