Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I wrote an op-ed a few months ago addressing the fact that people should vote, not for their own special causes, but for those who make defense of America their top priority. Yesterday's turnout showed me how many voters (or those who didn't vote) ignored my plea. I'm very disappointed in what I see happening in this wonderful country of ours. Forget Iraq for just a moment. We are also at war with the Islamic terrorists who have declared war on us and vowed to kill us all. Isn't anyone listening? They will stop at nothing until every last one of us is either dead or converted to their so called religion. Pay attention America. Now, on with today's happenings. Talked to some friends of Bill W. in the early a.m. - then home for a final edit on the QM project. It's done, it's posted. It's on my Author's Den web site which is also linked to my personal web site. Then it was off to the credit union for a withdrawal - it seems like it's never a deposit - after which I dropped by my friend Tom's place to see how he was doing. His visiting nurse took one look at me and said she thought she knew me. At first I thought she may have been one of the visiting nurses I had following my kidney transplant, but it turned out she is my neighbor from across the street. For some reason I didn't connect her face to her nurse's outfit, and she didn't quite connect my face under the floppy sun hat I was wearing. Then I met my wife Beth at Sam's for a quick round of shopping. We had hot dogs together, then went our seperate ways - she back to work, I home. Took a nap. Got up and fed the girls (our two dogs), then sat down at the computer and answered some e-mails. Tonight. Beth and I have been invited for pizza at our friend Dori Watts' new home in Sun City, Palm Desert. We always get our pizza from Poppa Dan's - we like the veggie. Anything else comes up, I'll be back to report.