Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Watching the Rialto and the Cajon Pass fire on TV right now. We just got through with one close to here and now another breaks out nearby - actually closer to San Bernardino, 60 miles east. Too many fires here in So. Cal. I did my monthly blood draw this morning over at Eisenhower Hospital. Saw and talked to a friend in the waiting room - it's like a small town here in the Coachella Valley. Came home to my computer and the girls (our dogs), and immediately called my two sick friends, plus my wife (who is not sick). Now the fire coverage just switched back to normal TV so I'll get back to writing. I'm working on an essay about the making of a Quinn Martin TV pilot I did back in 1976 - a Western titled The Deputies. It starred Jim Davis and Don Johnson, but never made it beyond the initial movie of the week showing of the pilot. If anything more exciting happens today, I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home