Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Started another day with Beth and our friends of Bill W. Then it was home to the computer and the girls while Beth trudged off to work. Haircut at 9:00. Talked to my friend Tom who said he was feeling okay. Shopped for several things I needed and didn't find anyone who carried either item. Home and started on The Rebel (TV Show) essay. I was working at Corriganville when they shot The Rebel pilot. I watched from the sidelines when I could, so am now putting my reminiscences down on paper (almost 50 years later). Lunch was cold pizza from last night's feast at our friend Dori's. We had dinner and talked about what we had all been doing during the time we haven't seen each other. I glanced at the Western Channel for a few minutes and saw Little Brown Jug (Don Kay Reynolds), whom I met at The Lone Pine Western Film Festival last month. He must have been 11 or 12 , and played an Indian boy in the old Durango Kid Western that was running. Don was a child prodigy horseman. Rode like the devil and was damn near literally born in the saddle. He showed me a photo of himself straddling an old mule, taken before he had even learned to walk. As a kid, Don could Roman Ride (racing two horses, side by side, with the rider standing up with one foot on each horse's back. That's a horseman in anybody's book, and he was doing it before most of us ever got near a horse. Got a call just as I was going down for my nap, from my friend George, telling me that Tom (remember him?) was once again in the hospital - and this time he admitted he shouldn't have chosen going home over a nursing facility in the first place. I'll give him a call tonight after he's been officially checked into the place - the paramedic delivered him one more time - and he's out of the emergency room and been given a regular hospital bed. Now I'm working to The Rebel piece once again; plus writing here. Anything more and I'll be back.