Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

Blood draw day. I do one every month before I see my nephrologist, Dr. Richard Stone. He's the doctor who found out my kidneys were failing back in `'98 and diagnosed complete kidney failure in '99. I underwent dialysis for three and a half years before transplanting, and how Dr. Stone monitors me - through these blood tests - every month. I spent the morning doing some computer chores for my wife and making some phone calls. Lunch watching an old PRC Tex Ritter, Dave O'Brien, Western in which Charles King plays the comic relief instead of his usual bad guy. After my nap, I did some more work for Beth then settled down into some serious writing on my Columbia Ranch essay - recalling the day the ranch went up in flames. What a day. Some of us helped fight the fire which ended up destroying most of the Western Street where "High Noon" had been filmed. Beth home now and I'm cooking. Later ~