Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Started day with friends of Bill W. Shopping for groceries then home. Beth home, works in back yard, then our friend, Tina, came over and the two of them took off to the Ontario (CA) Mall for some meaningful shopping. I screwed around with the dubbing machine again, this time transferring 'The Honkers" to disc. I ended up watching it one more time even though I've seen it a hundred times or more. I co-wrote it; worked on the filming; viewed dailies (rushes); spent a lot of time in the editing room; saw several sneak previews; went to many theaters with a series of friends when it came out; and have viewed it on TV and tape a whole bunch more times. It finished just in time for lunch. Read the paper while I ate, then down for a nap. Up and fed the girls, turned on the Ohio State-Michigan game. Talked to Tom, then watched the game until Ohio won. Beth called and they're on their way home but stuck in traffic. Back to office to try and figure out why the disc I made plays on two of my disc players but not on the one in the living room. I'm baffled. I'll make that call to Toshiba on Monday. Waiting for Beth and Tina. I reckon I'll start dinner ~