Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Met with our friends of Bill W. Then I went home and set up our new Tape to DVD transfer (dubbing) machine. Met Beth and drove to Indio where she had some business to take care of for her employer. We went shopping and got some winter clothing for both of us. Stopped for a chili dog; back to her place of employment and I drove home. Nap. Up and pulled old shirts and sweatshirts to donate to the ABC Recovery Center tomorrow. Took an old frock coat to the shed. It was made for Alan Jones when he played the part of Gaylord Ravenal in the 1936 version of "Showboat." I'd been saving it for years; for what reason, I really don't know. I also have some faded-red long-john sleeves worn by Ken Curtis on "Gunsmoke," and some other period Western wardrobe I use whenever I need to dress up as a cowboy. I used to have a whole bunch of stuff - Gary Coooper's leather vest from "Vera Cruz," a couple of jackets worn by David Janssen on "The Fugitive," etc. Now they're long gone. Funny how things like that disappear over the years. * Anyway, I haven't yet tried to transfer a video to a DVD - I think I'll save that for tomorrow or the weekend. My friend, Tom, seems to be doing OK at home. He wants us all to go to lunch together tomorrow. We'll see. More than likely, we'll all go over to his place. Later ~