Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, November 17, 2006

Today was learn how to operate the new tape to DVD dubbing machine day. Started off with my usual 7:00 a.m. meeting with our friends of Bill W. then home (she went to work). Got out a tape (a short I made 31 years ago), a disc, and began to read directions. Followed them to the "T" until the damn thing failed to execute one of the button commands. I found number for Toshiba on-line (not available in the directions, of course) and finally got a guy who told me I was using the wrong DVD. It had to be a DVD-R not a DVD+R like the one I was trying to record on. The same place (QVC Shopping Channel) that sold the recorder, sold her the wrong DVDs. Anyway, I had some minus DVDs I bought to use with the device I could never master (reason for buying the new "easier" model). So I inserted tape and DVD and began recording. Had to meet Tom and Harry for lunch so didn't get to check out my efforts until I returned home and took my nap. Fed the girls then back to office to attempt to view my creation. The damn thing wouldn't play in the living room DVD player so back to the office where I found out I had to finalize the DVD recording before it would play on other machines. I figured out how to do that and tried it on the machine that it was recorded on and it worked just fine. But when I tried again in the living room, same thing - nothing. I'll just have to call Toshiba again tomorrow, or Monday. Anyway, spent the whole day with the damn machine and never got to write anything else except here. Lunch with Tom and Harry was Chinese take out at Tom's. He's doing fine. The girls and I are now waiting for Beth to get home ~