Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday is sleep-in day. We were up by 5:30 - I putzed around and read the paper while she took care of some business. Since Wednesday was our 9th anniversary, I took her to the movies. We saw "The Queen." Using the plot summary from IMBd I give you a short synopsis: "The Queen" is an intimate behind the scenes glimpse at the interaction between HM Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Tony Blair during their struggle, following the death of Diana, to reach a compromise between what was a private tragedy for the Royal family and the public's demand for an overt display of mourning. It is a very good movie - an award winning movie. After we had some tacos, went shopping, then home. Had a call from my friend James Jenkins in Florida then talked to Tom after that. Wrote a few words on the Columbia Ranch essay, and missed napping. Fed the girls earlier and just sending some e-mails before dinner. Good weekend ~