Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Beth went to bed last night complaining of something in her left eye. This morning that eye was closed and she wasn't up to meeting our friends of Bill W. so I went alone. I came home, picked her up, then took her to her place of employment - she manages a 15-acre estate here in Rancho Mirage. I zipped over to Palm Springs, about a half-hour ride to go less that 20 miles, to see my infectious disease doctor. I'm still being monitored for a bug I picked up over a year ago called Nocardia. I spent 14 days in the hospital before Dr. Somero was brought in and diagnosed me with the disease. Nocardia is a bug anyone can get as it's found in common dirt. I got it because as a transplant patient, my immune system is lower that a normal person. Anyway, I spent a month in a nursing home getting around-the-clock infusions of antibiotics. And I must still take antibiotics - probably for the rest of my life. Got us both some Oreo cookie shakes and a couple of tacos for me - she takes her lunch to work - and dropped by her place of employment to eat. Then home for a quick map with the girls - yes, the dogs sleep with us on our bed - and back to pick up Beth, pick up some prescriptions, then home. Now it's almost time for dinner and I've haven't written a thing. Oh well, there's always tomorrow ~