Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, May 18, 2012

Gene Autry, Dorothy Dix, and Smiley Burnette in Guns and Guitars

Leave meeting early and shop for Hall at Sam's Club. Home and put away stuff that's ours. Check e-mail and news sites with girls and chips. Work at computer some more. To bank and cash a royalty check - believe me when I say it wasn't very big. If I smoked, it wouldn't even buy a carton of my favorite smokes. Home and work at computer. Call Jimmy George in Mississippi and leave message. Into living room and turn on TV. Watch Gun's and Guitars with Gene Autry and Smiley Burnette - filmed at Garner Ranch. Jimmy calls back and we talk. Dr. Stone's office calls to change my July appointment. Make some lunch and back to movie; I eat while viewing. Down for nap with girls. Up and write here. Check e-mail. Bring in mail from outside; feed girls; lean up side yard; back to office. Work for awhile. Into kitchen and start dinner - make salads. Turn on TV. Watch O'Reilly. Beth home; help her in with her things. Put stuff in microwave. We est and talk. After dessert and clean up we watch last night's recording of Person of Interest - finale. She shower; I get ready. Later ~