Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

With James Coburn on The Honkers set - Carlsbad, NM (1971)

Leave meeting early with Beth because she has appointment with wound clinic at 8:00. I home and pick her up at her work place then to Eisenhower campus and wound clinic. Finally she's found someone who understands what her problem is all about. No more VAC for now. The take culture (for first time); take pics of wound; use Lidocaine so she has no pain; very careful all around. Beth and I both impressed - she back in a week. To blood draw for her while I to drop and pick up antibiotics at Sav-On across street. First time anyone has noticed she has an infection, too. Pick her up at blood place and we get her car at work and both home. I fix lunch while she takes MDD calls. We eat and I have ice cream desert. I down for nap with girls while she joins me for a half hour with her foot up. I up and bring in mail. Feed girls. Open mail for her, I work in office. She now has to lie down every two hours with her foot up. She into office while I make her a fast dinner. She into dining room and eat. Then she's off for MDD meeting at Hall. I watch some TV. She home and has ice cream. Start getting her ready for bed. MDD people still coming by at all hours. I write here. Then I get ready. Later ~