Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, March 08, 2010

Scenes from Hurt Locker - Academy Award Winner - Best Picture


Home from meeting and check e-mail and news sites. Dave Cass calls and we talk about what's been going on since we talked before. To living room and watch a WGA competition DVD of Hurt Locker. Not as bad as I thought it would have been; but not as good, either. Too much night shit for a TV viewing situation. I know they're going for realism, and all that shit, but it's also a movie, and movies are to be seen. My advise to young filmmakers: Watch toe masters - they had ways of implying night through wonderful lighting. I made lunch and ate it while viewing. To office and work for a short time. Down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. Take my afternoon pills. Feed girls. Open mail for Beth. Clean up side yard; start putting out trash. Beth home. I start dinner an let girl out back for a run. Bring them in. Cook dinner and we eat. She washes her hair and takes shower. Then we watch last Tuesday's The Good Wife recording. To office. Later ~