Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Monday, November 23, 2009

The procedure that was planed for today's surgery

Surgery day.
Home after meeting and pick up dog treats along the way. Break dog dish top while I'm trying to fill bowl. Check e-mail and news sites with girls at my side (no treats as I'm fasting). Take a few calls; work at desk. Beth by to pick me up at 10:00. To Deloris Hope out patient one-day surgery and prepare for Dr. Karl Shultz to put a two-way port in my chest for Loma Linda procedure next week. Well, guess what. I have too much scar tissue in my chest (both sides) from previous ports. No port today though I still had an hour or so in the recovery room and after a slice of pizza, I went down for nap while Beth went back to work. Up at 4:30 and get it together. Beth home and she's had no luck with Loma Linda returning calls. Even my own dr. Stone was no help today. So here we sit at 7:00 o'clock without any further plan to get this port installed so I can begin these treatment at Loma Linda next Monday. Beth and I have light dinner, then to office to catch up on stuff. Then it's into bed for Her weekly Dancing with the Stars, while I go back to sleep. Later ~