Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Scene from Range Beyond the Blue - Eddie Dean, far left - Roscoe Ates, beside Eddie

Tom Snow Report:
I called on way home from meeting but he was brushing his teeth; I said I would call later. I tried calling again around 10:00 am, but got no answer - didn't leave message. Beth called minutes later to tell me he was being transferred to Desert Hospital because of intense pain and possible infection. At present, Beth says they may be transferring him to Eisenhower so he's closer to his surgeon. I just called our mutual friend, Bill White, who happened to be with Tommy today when all this happened. What I've just written is pretty close to what happened; and he confirmed that Tommy is now headed for Eisenhower.
I call Tommy on way home from meeting but he's brushing his teeth and we'll talk later. I home and check e-mail and news sites with girls, tuna and cottage cheese. Talk to Beth. Drive to hearing aid place for three month check up. See Jason and then drive home. Try Tommy and no answer. Start work on doing our ship boarding paperwork online. Beth calls and fills me in on Tommy's predicament which was happening as we spoke. I finish up printing our boarding passes, etc. To living room and watch Eddie Dean western, Range Beyond the Blue, with Roscoe Ates; have lunch while viewing. To office and talk Beth once more then down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. Open mail. Feed girls. To office and call Beth again. Then I call Bill White to verify the story on Tommy. Write some here. Jimmy George calls and we talk for a few. Beth home and we talk at table. Beth checks hospitals and finds Tom has not been transferred to Eisnehower as of 7:00 pm. I cook dinner and we eat - watch 0bama speech to congress on health care - Phhhhtttt! Both into office and we work at our own projects. Later ~