Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Marshall Reed (center) on Johnny Mack Brown set - Iverson's Ranch 1951

Pamela Duncan and James Ellison on the set

Johnny Mack Brown and his leading lady, Noel Neil

Up at usual time; breakfast; snooze; but don't go to meeting. I'm staying to make sure girls are OK. Beth off but I stay here to wait for carpenters who will re-build my closet in our bedroom. They arrive before 7:00 to set up their workspace in drive. Girls are very interested. I work at computer while they work. Talk to Jimmy George. They are done before 9:30 and out of here. I get ready to go to dialysis center as Beth comes home. Take her car to Eisenhower to see Tom in center. He's tired and we don't talk that much; finally I leave so he can sleep. I to Von's and get us some lunch. Home and set up for lunch - we eat and talk. Blind Man coming over to put new blinds in my bath. I down for nap with girls while he work in bathroom. I up 3:30. Work in office with Beth at my side. We get ready and drive to Indio for a dinner celebration at Leather Plus commemorating their partnership with Parkinson's Disease group. Drive home. Called Tommy several times and on last call he told me he was going back to nursing home tomorrow. Home. Get ready for bed. Later ~