Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Typical Dialysis Center

Kidney Patient under going dialysis. I was on dialysis three and a half years before my transplant. This photo is not Tommy; just a sample I found on the Internet

Home after meeting and check e-mail and news sites. Call Tommy to tell him I'll meet him at dialysis center in an hour. Check some things out; try to set up a program for Beth and have no luck. Off to Eisenhower and the dialysis center. Run into Johnny Connelly in waiting room, He lost his transplant after 23 years and is now on dialysis again while on waiting list for another transplant. We talk over old times. In to see Tommy. He's in good shape - mentally. His leg still mending - now a bed sore. I call Beth then meet her at Bermuda Dunes airport where she's dropped another car for her employers. We stop at Mexican place on Washington where we used to stop after church with Eric and Glenna. Drop Beth and home. Dessert and check computer. Down for nap with girls. Up and feed girls. I brought in mail before nap so I now open it for Beth. Phone call from Ed Mohler, my old Corriganville fight partner, who now lives in Louisiana. We talk while I clean up side yard and start sweeping floors. Continue sweeping and Beth home early. We sit and talk over lemonade and Dr. Pepper. I cook and we eat. Then it's the recording of today's Glenn Beck Show. Later ~