Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

George "Gabby" Hayes

George Hayes and his wife Olive

Stop for ice cream on way home from meeting. Home and put away. Check e-mail and news sites with girls - no snack. Brenda here to clean for Beth. Brenda does the high stuff. I off to Health Scan place for a scan of my right leg to see if the clot discovered 6 mos ago has dissolved - if so, I can stop taking coumeden (sp). Home and watch some 24/7 Rush Limbaugh - a guy called A.J. from Houston talked for a long time. He was right on about a lot of stuff. Into living room and start watching Lights of Old Santa Fe, with Roy & Dale and Gabby Hayes. Have my lunch while viewing. Brenda leaves. I down for nap with girls. up and bring in mail. Open mail. Feed girls. Call Tommy Snow in nursing home and we talk. Talk to Beth. To office and call Jimmy George in Mississippi. Clean up side yard; sweep floors. Turn on O'Reilly just as Beth drives in. We talk then I make dinner and we eat. I to office to work a little. Beth works outside then she showers. Later ~