Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, July 31, 2009

Dave Cass, Frank Dobbs, and yours truly polishing Rio Diablo in del Rio motel room before presenting script to Happy Shahan who wanted his client, Johnny Rodriguez to star - 1974

With Dave Cass, Frank Dobbs, and Jack Lilly the day we dropped off Rio Diablo script to Kenny Rogers on his Gambler movie set - 1992

Shower door falls off before shower so I use Beth's.
Stop at Office Depot on way home from meeting to get some Xeroxing done for Beth. Home and check e-mail ans news sites with girls and pretzels. Talk to Jimmy George and package has arrived in Montana; plus a response. Work at computer. Beth calls to tell me my iPhone isn't working. I drive to AT&T. Take a fall stepping up to sidewalk - no broken bones and only a small scratch on elbow - thank you Lord! Into store and guy fixes phone in a minute. Home then on to Mimi's to meet Tom Snow, Norman Foster, and David Bradshaw for lunch. Home and have dessert. Down for nap with girls. Up and bring in mail. Put away boys next door's trash bin. Feed girls. Jimmy calls again and there's been more communication. Talk to Beth. Worker coming over to get shower door working again. He arrives and works in bathroom. He off and I call Beth. Talk to Tommy again. Beth home and we talk. fix dinner and we eat. After some work in office, we watch recording of an Elizabeth Taylor biography on TV. Later ~