Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Thursday, August 09, 2007


Garner Valley - Williamsburg Film Festival Gang and Me

To hall for daily chores, then drive to Yucca Valley and meet Bill Sasser and company at Pioneertown. Ed Falkner joins us. Walk street and compare production photos with buildings and sets. They shoot pictures and video. Ed heads home and we off to Garner Valley via route 74. Stop for lunch at Sugarloaf Cafe; then on to Garner Cattle Company. Tour ranch and take photos. First house there was built in 1905. Used in many movies, in particular, Tim Holt Westerns for RKO. I leave and drive down 74; they go other way down - through Idyllwild and on to Banning. I home; Beth there and has fed girls. Download pictures I took and call Sasser to make sure they made it down OK. Dinner with Beth. We to office. Called Uncle George; John Livers; and sister Linda in Denver. Later ~