Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Saturday, May 17, 2008




Pioneertown Encampment Celebration

Grocery shopping after meeting; then home and unload. Beth and I get ready and take off for Pionertown to participate in their Encampment fiesta. I sell a few books. Hotter than blazes; Beth sizzles. We meet some nice people and some we already know - like Lloyd and Dale Noel' Ernie and Carol Kester. No food except Pappy and Harriett's and there must be over a thousand or almost people in town (motorcycles and visitors). Pick up some P&H food to go and we eat around 2:00 P.M. - Watch gunfights. Then pack up and drive home around 3:00. Home in less than an hour. Much hotter in Coachella Valley. Beth heads for the shower immediately. I check e-mail and mail - phone messages. She goes through mail while I snack on chips and dip. She too worn out to eat. Popsicles for dessert - she eats one of these. To office and work a while, Then we watch CSI Vegas recording before hitting the sack. Later ~