Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Sunday, March 23, 2008


Table and chairs we had to leave behind

Slept on back because of rib pain. She up early and to Hall. I up 5:30 and shower, dress and have breakfast with paper. She home with her employers' van and we take off for Glendale at 8:30. Took our new GPS guide with us and went a different way than it was programmed for - many recalculating messages, but it got back on track once we hit the part of the 210 it recognized. New part of 210 connects to the 30 now and takes you around the Ontario Airport, Pomona, and Clarmount. Stop to pick up sandwiches and arrive at George's house around 10:30. Move all the stuff we had stored in rear closet into van; plus a couple of boxes of junk that was still in kitchen cabinets. Eat lunch in the empty kitchen. I shot digital video with my Flip camera along the way and back. Home in less than two hours. I try but she ends up unloading stuff into the Ford and the garage. Feed girls, then I down - painfully - for a nap. She runs some stuff to Sue's in La Quinta for her forthcoming garage sale. Takes the van back to her place of employment then home. I up - painfully - and move into kitchen where she's reading. We talk then I set up our left-over lunches and we have Easter Dinner together with the girls at our feet. Both of us into office and I show her video I took on drive. Putz and play on computer. Later ~