Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Friday, December 24, 2010

John Wayne as Rooster (1969)

Jeff Bridges as Rooster (2010)

T'was the day before Christmas.
Harry wasn't responding during meeting so 911 was called and they took him to hospital. Everything was done so quietly, I didn't know what happened until after the meeting; and I still don't know much more.
Home and check e-mail and news sites with girls and popcorn. Int living room and watch the new True Grit on a DVD I got because of my guild affiliation. Like all new movies, it had too many night scenes, and was very dark on my home TV screen. I really gave this thought, but I liked the John Wayne/Henry Hathaway version much better. The first was what a western should look like - big; blue skies; vast land; and larger than life characters. Bridges is good as Rooster, but not as well-fitted to the part as John Wayne was. After viewing, I fixed some lunch and watched today's recording of Lawman. To office for a minute; then down for my nap with Misty.
Up and to office to write here. Bring in mail; feed girls; open mail for Beth. Clean up side yard. Work at computer until Beth gets home. We take package over to her employers and sit around and talk for awhile. Then it's home to get ready and go to the Southwest Church Christmas celebration. Drive all over looking for a place to eat. Finally head home and eat there. Shannon calls from Texas. I write here.
Merry Christmas!