Scribblings From the Desert

I am a published author and produced screenwriter living in Rancho Mirage, California with my wife, Beth, and two dogs, Crystal and Misty. I have spent most of my life in and around the Hollywood Motion Picture Business.

Name:
Location: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

On February 6, 1943 - 64 years ago - this old fart entered this world. That's right, it's my birthday today. Whoopie! Now here's how the day's gone so far:
Had my blood drawn at 7:00 a.m. - home and read paper. Start in on my writing and end up with a few paragraphs then Beth called. Her brother Bruce was on his way into town with a double-rig load of cement and she asked me to meet him in Cathedral City behind a tile company where he would be unloading. I drove into Palm Desert for a little shopping then headed on over to CC to meet Bruce. I found him exactly where Beth said he'd be - behind the tile company. I had never seen how they unloaded things like sand, cement, etc, from those tanker-style double-rig trucks before. It's all done with air pressure and the load is moved through a large hose then deposited into a huge silo inside the receiving company's yard. I followed Bruce out and never will be able to get a grip on how those Teamsters can thread a set of doubles through a passageway that I have trouble manuvering my SUV. Picked up a pizza and dropped by Beth's place of employment for lunch with her. Home and a fudgecicle with Sunset Carson on the western Channel. Nap. Awakened by the phone - my brother Bob calling to wish me Happy BD. Back to the computer and continued writing. Beth called and told me that Chad, her employers' pilot, was buying us all dinner tonight and would be bringing it by after she comes home from work. Swept the house, typed a little on my project and wrote here. Later ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home